Do you want to know how to hide photos on your smartphone? Read on and in the next paragraphs you will find out how.
Do you have any photos on your mobile that you consider private and fear that someone will see them? If your friends or family take your phone, with or without your permission, they can have access to any content you choose to keep on the device. This, however, should not be a limitation, as you should be able to save all the photos you want on your smartphone. If you are reading this guide it is because you are looking for a method to hide the images on your device.
Even if you’ve probably set a screen lock, someone may still have access to your device because they know how to unlock it or because you might give it to them for some reason. Therefore, if there are any private photos, it is always better to make them invisible to be 100% sure that no one can see them.
If you don’t know how to do it, then, you are in the right place as we are going to explain how to hide photos on your smartphone.
Take some time and read on to find out how. We also advise you to follow the procedure one step after another, during the reading itself, to avoid making any mistakes and thus hide the images in the best possible way and total safety.
- How to hide photos on an Android device
- How to hide pictures on iPhone
How to hide photos on Android device
Do you own an Android smartphone and want to make sure that no one can access some of the photos you have stored in your gallery? The way to be sure that they remain visible only to you and to protect your privacy, as a result, is to hide them. Not knowing how to do it? Read on to find out how to hide photos on Android. The method may vary depending on the brand of the device, as each phone has a different type of Gallery in which the images are saved. Let’s see how to deal with the main ones.
Do you have a Huawei smartphone? In this case, proceed as follows:
- Go to the Gallery
- Click on the Albums section
- Press on the three dots arranged vertically that you will find at the top right
- Tap on the Hide album option, present in the menu that will appear
- Move the lever to ON corresponding to the album you want to hide
Here you have just hidden an album on your smartphone. You must know that this is not an irreversible operation. If you want, at any time, to make it visible to everyone again, you simply have to repeat the same procedure just illustrated and move the lever to OFF. Simple, right?
Do you own a Xiaomi phone? Do this:
- Open the Gallery
- Tap on the Album item
- Press the + key you will see below to create a new one
- Give it a name
- Click OK
- Choose which photos you want to insert and then hide
- Press the check mark that you will see at the top right after selecting the photos
Again you will have just made a photo album invisible to others.
Want to know how to hide photos on your smartphone if you have a Samsung mobile device? In this case, proceed as follows:
- Launch the Gallery app on your phone
- Click on the Album item
- Select the three dots that you will see at the top right
- Tap on the Hide or show album option
- Move the lever that you will see corresponding to the album you intend to hide to ON
Done! You will thus be able to make invisible photos on your smartphone.
How to hide pictures on iPhone
Do you have an iPhone and want to make some of your images saved on the device invisible? No problem, even in this case it is possible to do it. Read on to find out how to proceed. In a little while, you will know how to hide pictures on your iPhone. In this case, to proceed, do the following:
- Launch the Photos app
- Tap on the Library section, which you will see at the bottom of the screen
- Click on the photos you have to hide
- Tap the share icon, which will be on the bottom left
- Select the Hide option
- Click on Hide photos from the window that will appear
Here is now knowing how to hide photos on your smartphone. If you want to see the photos you have hidden, you can access Photos again, click on Albums, select Hidden to make the image visible again you will have to click on it, then press the share button and tap on the Do not hide option.
Read more about How To Record Screen On Windows For Free
Abram left his e-business studies to devote himself to his entrepreneurial projects. In 2017, he created the company Inbound Media and wrote articles about high-tech products for his Chromebookeur site. In 2019, Chromebookeur was renamed Macbound and became a general purchasing advice site. Today, Abram manages the development and growth of Macbound, surrounded by a young and talented team.