With the next-generation consoles, Microsoft and Sony have taken gaming to a new level. There are several ways to enjoy some video games: in this guide, we will talk about Xbox Cloud Gaming. Users can play hundreds of high-quality titles on numerous devices (including smartphones and tablets).
- What you need
- Subscribe to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
- Xbox video games on Android with Cloud
- On iPhone or iPad
- On Windows
- Configure remote play
What you need
Below you will find what you need to proceed with this guide.
- An Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription ;
- A compatible device (smartphone, tablet, or PC);
- One controller ;
- A stable Internet connection (with a speed of 7 Mbps or higher).
Subscribe to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
To use Xbox Cloud Gaming, you need to subscribe to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, Microsoft’s paid service that grants users access to a vast catalog of video games. Here is the complete guide:
- Connect to the website and click ” Subscribe now “;
- Choose the ” Ultimate ” plan (the first three months for 1 dollar, then 14 dollars per month);
- Log in to your Microsoft account by entering your credentials or create a new profile;
- Choose the payment method and complete the purchase.
After the first 3 months, the amount will be automatically charged at the normal price.
Xbox video games on Android with Cloud
Are you using a smartphone with Android 6.0 or later? Then open the Google Play Store and, using the search field, locate “Xbox Game Pass”. Click “Install” to download the free software.
Launch Xbox Game Pass and log in (Ultimate subscription required) by entering your email address and password. On the main page, you will find three buttons: “Cloud” “Console” and “PC”. Click the first item to view all the video games available in the cloud.
Select one of the many titles available to view the official page. Click ” Play ” to start playing. Most titles require the use of an Xbox controller connected via Bluetooth or cable.
Xbox video games on iPhone or iPad with Cloud
Xbox Game Pass is also available for iPhone and iPad, Apple-branded devices.
- Turn on the device and connect it to the Wi-Fi network (or activate mobile data);
- Connect a compatible controller ;
- Launch the App Store, the application distribution platform;
- Search for “Xbox Game Pass” using the search field;
- Click “Get” and, after installation, start the app;
- Log in by entering your email and password;
- Click on ” Cloud ” and choose any game;
- Select ” Play “.
Xbox video games on Windows with Cloud
You can play tons of video games on Windows without downloading thanks to Cloud Gaming. First, connect a compatible controller to the PC. Open the Microsoft Store, locate the “Xbox” application and click “Get”.
Start “Xbox” and log into your Microsoft account. Select ” Cloud Gaming ” in the sidebar.
Choose any video game and click ” Play “.
Configure remote play
Xbox owners can play games from the console directly on Windows or on their mobile devices. First of all, you need to enable a feature. Turn on the console and press the “Xbox” button on the controller. Click “Profile & System”, “Settings”, “Devices and Connections” and ” Remote Features “. Put the check next to ” Enable remote functionality ” and select ” Standby ” in “Hibernation mode”.
Remote play on mobile device
- Turn on your smartphone, open the official store and download the “Xbox” app;
- Log in;
- Select “My Collection” and “Console”;
- Connect to an available console and press ” Remote play on this device “.
Remote play on Windows device
- Download Xbox for Windows from the Microsoft Store;
- Select your username (at the top);
- Click “View Profile”;
- Press ” Add a console ” and follow the wizard.
Also, read about The Latest Xbox Update Brings The Precious End Of DRM
Abram left his e-business studies to devote himself to his entrepreneurial projects. In 2017, he created the company Inbound Media and wrote articles about high-tech products for his Chromebookeur site. In 2019, Chromebookeur was renamed Macbound and became a general purchasing advice site. Today, Abram manages the development and growth of Macbound, surrounded by a young and talented team.